It’s that time of year again when the The Great British Bake Off has us cranking up the oven and having a go at something new; whether it be bread, biscuits or something a little sweeter. Week by week we watch good bakers become star bakers and those that fall under par we see go home, we sit wondering if we could do better, but then seeing the look of disappointment on Paul Hollywoods face and the wrath of his comments and we think twice.
We don’t want you to feel nervous under the pressure so we’re not asking you to bake, but we’d love to see what great captions you can come up with in our weekly Great British Bake Off competition. We want you to visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/theorchardhomeandgifts?ref=hl find the image you want to add a caption to, like and share the post and leave your entry in the comments below the picture. Each new image will be released on a Thursday, judged the following Tuesday and the winner announced on the Wednesday. The winner of our favourite caption from each week will be entered into our final at the end of The Great British Bake Off competition and our star caption from the whole competition will win a set of shabby chic retro cream scales:
Here you go…Week 1: https://www.facebook.com/theorchardhomeandgifts/photos/a.243087882370086.72373.176502152361993/1040441425968057/?type=1&theater
Please note that postage of the prize will be free to any UK winner. A postage charge will be applied for any international winners. Any rude/offensive captions will be removed. This competition is not directly affiliated with Facebook but run purely by ourselves.
Please take the time to view our website for our full range of homewares and interiors: www.theorchardhomeandgifts.com
Mother’s Day is the perfect chance to show your mum just how much you care and just how well you know her without question. This may be that she’s a keen gardener, loves shabby chic accessories, enjoys making her house feel like a real home or just simply loves spending time with you.
Whatever hobby or interest reflects your mum we’ve got a gift that will put a fabulous smile on her face this Mother’s Day.
For the garden lover we have a brand new collection of garden accessories by Sophie Conran for Burgon & Ball from watering cans and garden tools to great shabby chic ways to store your garden accessories, here is just some of this collection, we love it and hope you do too:
To see the full collection of gardening tools and accessories from Sophie Conran and to order your gift in time for Mother’s Day simply click here: http://www.theorchardhomeandgifts.com/search.php?jssCart=b6fb350c7e96348d16e27dcfabead0ef&xSearch=sophie+conran&x=-756&y=-95
We also stock a fantastic range of garden pots in both our Kew (http://www.theorchardhomeandgifts.com/section.php/1146/1/kew-royal-botanic-collection) and Aged Ceramic (http://www.theorchardhomeandgifts.com/section.php/111/1/aged-ceramics) collections:
For those mums not so into the outdoor lifestyle we have some cosy gifts perfect for indoors including these fantastic Ruby & Ed slipper boots http://www.theorchardhomeandgifts.com/product.php/2487/ruby—ed-cloud-slipper-boot–natural
To view the full Ruby & Ed Collection click here: http://www.theorchardhomeandgifts.com/section.php/17/1/ruby—ed-at-the-orchard
We also have a wide range of accessories for the mum that can’t get enough shabby chic styling in her home:
As well as a little something for the mum who loves to entertain:
Once you’ve chosen the perfect gift, let us do the rest, simply choose a card and gift wrap options at the checkout and we’ll personally hand wrap and hand write your Mother’s Day card, we can even deliver direct to their door so mum will feel special even if you ca’t make it on the day.
To see our full collection of Mother’s Day gifts and more visit our website: http://www.theorchardhomeandgifts.com/section.php/108/1/mothers-day
Gardens have always been the place we go during the warmer Spring and Summer months to chill out after a long day at work and where we entertain and BBQ on the weekends.
Now our Gardens are more and more an extension of our home and the interior design styles we love, with the exterior of our homes being as important as our interior, from shabby chic, french country, rustic, contemporary and modern styling all playing there part even in the great outdoors. Some of us are even making our interiors into exterior props for a truly styled garden.
This applies not only to those with the luxury of large gardens in an age where you’re lucky to get anything more than a small square of grass but also to those who only have the retreat of a balcony after a long hard day at the office.
It’s been interesting to see of late just how creative you can be with even the smallest of garden space.
For more inspiring gardens click here: http://gb.pinterest.com/theorchardhome/the-orchard-inspiring-gardens-shabby-chic-vintage/
For more balcony gardens: http://gb.pinterest.com/theorchardhome/the-orchard-make-a-balcony-a-garden-shabby-chic-vi/
For DIY garden projects: http://gb.pinterest.com/theorchardhome/the-orchard-the-good-life-diy-garden-shabby-chic-v/
To see our collection of shabby chic and rustic garden accessories and furniture click here: http://www.theorchardhomeandgifts.com/section.php/5/1/outdoor-living/797f4d5cd38ccf69422136897e871490
Hosted at London’s Earls Court, The Ideal Home Show was great success, showcasing many inspiring design ideas for the home.
What Is The Ideal Vintage Homeware?
At the Ideal Home Show this year, a number of interior design companies showed innovative new projects and ways to decorate your home. Quiet Mark, showing their Quiet Treehouse, in partnership with Blue Forest Luxury Treehouses, brought visitors a taste of modern design and rustic style. Focusing on the silence of the appliances within it, the project lent itself towards vintage homewarHYPERLINK “http://www.theorchardhomeandgifts.com/section.php/2/1/house—home”es and rustic style furniture.
Even in the gardens, you couldn’t escape the rustic feel. Chichester College, who won the Gold Award and Best at Show for their garden design made from reclaimed wooden pallets, championed the shabby chic look. Inspired by their creations, we thought we would give your our top tips on how to achieve this look in your own home.
Reclaimed Ideas For Your Home
- Bottle Vase Wall Rack – this beautiful wall feature is made of reclaimed wood and wire, with reproduction school milk bottles. The bottles are embossed with ‘School Milk 1/3 Pint’ and hold roughly 100ml. Perfect for beads, flowers, tiny moss gardens or colourful buttons, this shelf would be the pride of any kitchen.
- French Country Console Table – with stunning visual appeal, this console table has a white pine body and a reclaimed wooden table top. The perfect accompaniment for any a living room or hallway, this vintage table would add a touch of rustic charm.
- Reclaimed Wood Heart Trug –a traditional garden carrier for vegetables or herbs, it would also make a gorgeous ornamental storage piece in the home. Made of reclaimed timber, this quirky piece is would be ideal for use in the kitchen or outhouse.
- ‘Blow, Blow Thou Winter Wind’ Reclaimed Timber Print – Applied by hand on reclaimed timber slats, the print is effortless in its beauty. This wall hanging is perfect for adding minimalist vintage homewares to your house without having to swap in bulky pieces of furniture.
- Industrial Vintage Wine Rack – made from reclaimed wood and steel, this piece is perfect for the industrial style kitchen. Store and display your vintage wine collection on the four shelves that stand above three storage boxes.
For made to measure vintage homewares contact us on 0845 643 0363 or email email@example.com
The shabby chic trend has never been bigger. With the good weather and Easter Bank Holiday creeping up on us, there’s never been a better time to think about a new look for your home. Why not see what we have to offer?
What Is Shabby Chic Furniture?
Shabby chic is a look which has become popular along with the revival of industrial style furniture and materials. A combination of vintage materials and contemporary design, shabby chic furniture is the perfect way to add style, colour and texture to your home. Often made from rustic woods and metals, shabby chic is timeless in its appeal.
Whether it is a statement piece of furniture or a collection of homewares, shabby chic is an easy style to integrate into any space. Here at The Orchard Home and Gifts we have a stunning selection of shabby chic furniture and French Provencal pieces to bring a new lease of life into your home this spring.
Choosing Vintage Furniture
- Painted Reclaimed Timber Bookcase –Made from reclaimed wood for a rustic and authentic look, this bookcase would fit perfectly into your study or living room.
- Vintage Leather Chesterfield Sofa – This sofa is a spectacular piece of furniture that will make you the envy of all your friends. Upholstered in distressed leather and mounted on castors in the traditional style, this gentlemen’s classic conjures up images of a bygone era.
- Brocante Monks Bench –Perfect for keeping your hallway free of clutter, this stunning Monks Bench is both stylish and practical. Available in a number of colours, this elegant piece of shabby chic furniture is a popular choice.
- Scrubbed Pine Cupboard – Rubbed down so it looks aged and distressed, this large cupboard would work brilliantly as a sideboard, for extra crockery in the kitchen, or as a drinks’ cabinet in a dining room or lounge. With generous storage and a spectacular industrial style, we’ve fallen in love with it, and hope you will do the same.
- French Country Three Drawer TV Unit – Display your TV on this French Country style unit and store your DVDs and remote control neatly away. Handcrafted using sustainably sourced timber, this would make the perfect addition to any home.
Why Choose Orchard Home and Gifts?
For made to measure shabby chic furniture, order online from The Orchard Home and Gifts. Give your home a new look this Easter with fantastic homewares and furniture that you will love forever. For more information, call us on 0845 643 0363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org